This is rather an unusual post in the way that it isn’t about anything in particular – it’s just a collection of snippets of information. There’s a few things I want to talk about in this post.
- I was delighted to find out that I had won Franca’s giveaway over on her blog Oranges and Apples. The giveaway in question was for a print by the Edinburgh designer Kirsty Baynham which you can see here. I will post a photo of it once it is hanging on my wall!
- I know that recently activity on the blog has been low and I haven’t written about outfits or shopping adventures or knitting – basically any of the things I love. Recently I’ve been thinking a lot about what direction I want the blog to go forward into. I want to have a plan for the blog so that I feel motivated to write for it – because I do love to write. It’s what I want to do with my future. And if I can’t write for and about myself and my own fashion philosophy then whose can I write about? I don’t have a professional camera with brilliant lenses and loads of different settings and I don’t have access to spectacular locations or perfect weather, but what I do have is a passion for fashion – for clothes, for materials, for designs. I also have a passion for charity shopping, vintage clothes, knitting, listening to music and writing. So I have decided that from now on the blog will centre around these things. There may not always be photos but for me that’s ok – my reason for starting this blog wasn’t for photography purposes, it was because I love to write. So I decided to write about something that I love – fashion. But to be perfectly honest, my love of fashion is the product of other aspects of my life:
- The sense of escapism I get wandering around vintage + charity shops for hours on end.
- My love of knitting + wool which is the reason why half of my wardrobe is made up of woollen items.
- Music – which is such an important part of my life and can so easily determine my mood for dressing.
- Books – Reading descriptions of characters and their clothes can inspire me to emulate them in the way I dress. It is the same with film characters.
From now on, it is these subjects which shall be encapsulated in my posts. I don’t think that to be classed as a fashion blogger the blog in question needs to be solely based on fashion, because after all it is:
The Fashion + The Blogger which = A Fashion Blog.